Hi, I’m Beth Dunlop, the new Project Officer for the Youth Leaders for a Greener Wedge Program. Here’s a little bit of information about me:
- I recently graduated from a Bachelor of Social Science (Environment) RMIT University.
- Last year a friend and I started a sustainable fashion distribution company- Wallflower Clothing.
- The days that I’m not at Manningham I work for Diabetes Camps Victoria as the Volunteer Coordinator.
- I have also worked in Youth Leadership roles within the YMCA including a Senior Leader for the Camping Adventure Program, School Holiday Program, and as an Aquatic Education Officer. And was the Community Development Officer, Access for All Abilities for the City of Melbourne and the YMCA.
- In 2006 I was lucky enough to represent Australia at the South East Asian UXO – Mine Action Youth Leadership Workshop in Laos PDR
- I also enjoy hiking, swimming, bushwalking, rock climbing, travelling, hanging out with friends, and dancing.
I am very excited to be working on this project as I am very passionate about sustainability issues and I look forward to working with like minded people!
What’s planned for Youth Leaders for a Greener Wedge:
- We are running Facilitator Training on Monday the 10th December 2007
- The Youth Workshop will be held on the 23 – 24 February 2008
- There will be regular catch ups for all participants in the Youth Leaders for a Greener Wedge throughout 2008.
I look forward to meeting with you all and discussing the exciting opportunities of the Youth Leaders for a Greener Wedge Program. I’m in at Manningham on Mondays and Tuesdays. Feel free to contact me on Bethany.Dunlop@manningham.vic.gov.au